My Bliss Quilt - Fouth Finish of the Year

I finished my Bliss quilt last night and just took some photos to post. These are hot off the SD card.
The fabric in the body of the quilt is "Bliss" by Bonnie & Camille for Moda. The border fabric is a Kona solid by Robert Kaufman and the binding is a leftover piece of double wide from another quilt. I quilted the charm squares in the centre with meandering stipple quilting and the borders are quilted with stones and pebbles. I think this is the most quilting I have ever done on a quilt.

The is the fourth quilt I have finished this year and the third (and last) super easy charm square quilt. I am now onto more challenging projects now that I have cleared up some of my fabric stash. I love the colour combinations in this "Bliss" collection and I searched all my local quilt shops for this fabric. I was unable to find it so I checked on eBay and found two charm squares which I immediately purchased from the United States. I held onto them for a year or two being unsure what to do with them. In the end I just used them as they were. As soon as this quilt was finished I was going through "Bliss" withdrawal and again checked eBay for these fabrics. I did see a kit but the price was a little high. Maybe I'll check again later.
I backed this throw size quilt with fabric from the "Cotton Blossoms" line by Bonnie and Camille for Moda which I was able to find in a local quilt shop. It's pattern is the same as some of the fabrics on the front it just has different colours. I am thrilled to have completed this quilt which is "just for me". Looking at it makes me want to redecorate using the aqua and red with a neutral. We are expecting to move with my husband's career in the summer so maybe I will do that in the next house.

The impending move is what has spurred me on to complete many projects as the prospect of having all my craft supplies packed up has me feeling a bit anxious. Maybe I'll pack the most important things in Rubbermaid bins and take them in the van with me instead of entrusting them to the movers. What am I saying "maybe" for? I know that is what I will do! I guess I should stop writing and get back to all my projects (and cook supper for my husband and kids too). I am currently a bit  obsessed with learning how to knit socks. Hopefully there will be progress on that to post about soon. Thanks for visiting my blog today.