Started New Projects

It's the first day of Spring Break here and I've started two new projects plus decided to do another quilt-a-long.

I started knitting the "Honey Cowl" after reading about it on Angela's blog Fussy Cut. I am loving this pattern! I've ravelled it here and here is a photo of how much I've done so far today.

You can download the pattern from madeline tosh for free. I intend to track down Madelinetosh yarn but in the meantime I am knitting with Martha Stewart 100% merino which I got on clearance at Michaels for $1.99 a ball.

This is my first time knitting in the round and I had one false start that turned into a necklace for my daughter. But all is well now and I am actually finding this easy! :)
I also started this fish cross stitch sampler which I hope to have done for my Dad in time for father's day. Shhh! Don't tell him! ;) This magazine is from 1989 and was given to me by a friend of my Mom's years ago. I just now bought all the thread colours and got started. I haven't cross stitched in years and my kids have never seen me do it so they were quite fascinated watching me last night. (Part of that may have been stalling on bedtime though.) I can't wait to get to the Rainbow Trout. He's next after the Walleye that I am stitching first. With the massive tonne of snow that fell yesterday this cross stitch pattern is really making me long for summer fishing trips.