Canada Day Pennant Flags

Yesterday was Canada Day. Happy belated Canada Day to any Canadians reading! :) I hosted a family bar-be-que at my house and had 14 people total including my own household. I wanted some cute decorations up in the yard so I made this pennant string.


I hand stitched the maple leaf on the centre flag with red embroidery thread. I used my equilateral triangle cutting ruler from the Bloom Bloom Pow Quilt to cut out the triangles, sewed down two sides and encased the third side in leftover quilt binding from the Quilt of Valour Quilt.


It has nine flags all together in red and white fabrics with maple leaves on them. I love it! I am so glad I decided to make this. It really did add to the celebration yesterday. I decided to take orders in my Etsy shop if anyone wants one for next year (button for my shop is on the button bar).

Here is the family group shot. I set my camera up on my tripod for this one. We had a great day. That's me down in front. My husband is holding our dog. The kids are mine too. I'm the only one of my generation in my entire family with kids and a dog so far!

 I also sewed bandanas that say "Happy Canada Day" on them. Here is my dog wearing one of them and I'm wearing one of them on my head in the photo above.
And look what flew over my yard! It was so perfect! This is an advantage to living on a military base. You get a great fly-by on Canada day! This is one of the helicopters from our base.
Happy Canada Day everybody! And Happy Independence Day coming up on Thursday for our American friends!

I am linking up with "Sew Cute Tuesday" at Better Off Thread. The button is in my button bar. ----> Click on it and check out some more cute projects. :)