An Unexpected Free Day

Today I wound up with a whole day off. I had thought I was going to work for three hours in the middle of it but it turned out that it was a slow day at work and I wasn't needed. So what did I do? Quilting of course! I started and finished a table runner today.

 I had purchased two grab bags of charm squares at a local quilt shop a couple of weeks ago. They are little paper bags and you don't know what fabrics are inside. You only know there are 20 charm squares in each bag. So these are the charm squares. I decided to combine them and make a tumbler table runner.
 Here it is on my dining table in the afternoon light hot off the sewing machine.
 And a close-up of my free motion quilting.
 I used my little satin quilt labels that I told you about in my last post. So fun and exciting!
 Here is a closer look at some of the fabrics. This table runner is up for sale in my Etsy shop. I found out that sadly I have missed the boat on both of the big local Christmas craft fairs. They were both booked solid months ago and I didn't even live here yet when that happened. So I cannot sell my handmade items at Christmas shows this year and my Etsy shop is my only hope. I have my name on the lists for next year though so I hope that works out. I was SO disappointed.
 Last night I made Halloween cards for my shop. You can find them here. This one is a green glittery skull. I wanted to make it look like a spook coming out of the gloom.
 Here is the same stamp (By Stampin' Up) embossed with silver on black card stock.
 And I did a little flocked pumpkin on these cards. They are so soft and velvety.
The night before last I was stencilling t-shirts. They say "Army Wife Toughest Job in the Army!" Ha ha! You can find them here if you're interested.

I have been busy! I plan to make some more Halloween cards tonight and then maybe move on to Christmas. My kids were home from school today and they got the crafting bug too. My living room has the contents of the kids' craft cupboard spread all over it. I have a bit of cleaning up to do. My son did do a good job of cleaning up the mess from their painting on the kitchen floor though. He also washed the dishes! (Half of them have to be re-washed... but still!)

I am thinking about writing a pattern for the table runner. What do you think? Do you think I should? Happy Thanksgiving to all in Canada! We'll be enjoying turkey at my Mom and Dad's and I will be a busy baker on Sunday making pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese icing and pumpkin pies.

I am linking up with TGIFF. M-C is hosting here this week. And I just found out they are running prizes this month for linking up finished projects so bonus! There is a TGIFF button in my button bar.