Blogger's Quilt Festival - Here is my Entry

I am enjoying a Saturday evening in my pyjamas after a very busy week and I'm catching up on all the quilting blogs. Many blogs are buzzing about the Blogger's Quilt Festival and I can't miss out on all the fun! There is a button on the right of your screen on my button bar for you to click on and check out the festival!

So here is my entry into the festival in the throw category:


This is a special quilt that I made for my husband for Father's Day this year. It is make with all quilt shop quality flannels and is very soft, warm and cozy. He works so hard to provide for all of us and I really wanted him to have a special gift. I hadn't sewn him a quilt since we got together 16 years ago and that quilt is starting to wear so it was time for a nice new one. I thought piecing pinwheels was fairly straight forward but in this process I learned that it is a very wise idea to trim up your half square triangles once you've sewn them. I love how all my points are bang on on this quilt because of trimming.

Originally I was going to have the blocks all randomly placed but then I decided to make diagonal arrangements of like colours together and I am so glad I did that. This quilt is made with two charm square packs of "Boundary Water Flannels" by Holly Taylor for Moda. The background is a solid cream coloured flannel. You can read more about this quilt in this post.

I hope you check out the Blogger's Quilt Festival and join in the fun. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my special quilt.