A Finished Quilt of Valour

I finished a Quilt of Valour this week. I was really pushing to get this done before my new baby arrives. (Only two weeks to go until my c-section!) I am so happy that this is finished and ready to go out in the mail to it's soldier.

Here is the Quilt of Valour. I used the Oh Canada line by Northcott fabrics. Northcott printed this line in support of Quilts of Valour Canada. This is my third Quilt of Valour but the first one using this line. There are four swoon blocks around a centre panel of fabric.

Here is the centre panel. I added the black borders to fit it in with the Swoon blocks. (Swoon blocks are from the Swoon pattern by Camille Roskelley of Thimbleblossoms.)

It's hard to see but I quilted the black borders with feathers. The white borders between the black and the Swoon blocks are loop-de-loop quilting and the rest of the quilt is stipple quilting.

The outer two inch white borders are quilted with figure 8s.

The soldier that I have sewn this quilt for went through one particularly bad week on his tour in Afghanistan and in that week one of his friends died. I put this poppy block into the quilt in honour of that friend.

I put a striped binding on the quilt because I love striped bindings.

The quilt is backed with a flannel moose and maple leaf print from the Oh Canada line. So soft and cozy!

I rarely post pictures of myself but here I am on Monday when my order from Patchwork Threads came in. I am eight months pregnant here. I ordered a onesie for my little Future Quilter too. :) I also ordered the pink "Swoon Block" t-shirt. Plus, I won Challenge 1 in the Sewvivor Sew Along (by random draw) so I will have the Hexagon shirt coming to me too! I am decked out with quilting t-shirts now.