A Tiger Dress for Baby

I was up until 1:30 a.m. last night sewing this dress. I started it sometime after 10:00 p.m. Thankfully my husband is on vacation for a month so I could sleep in this morning. I bought the four colours of the Tiger print by Alexia Marcelle Abegg for Cotton + Steel. This is from her "Hatbox" collection. I knew from the moment I saw it that I wanted to use this fabric to sew the "Ice Cream Dress" (view B) pattern from Oliver + S for my baby girl. This dress is a colour block dress which one would normally sew with solids but i think it has turned out very cute with the tiger prints. I posted a photo similar to these on Instagram today and Alexia herself left a comment on it. That was a bit of excitement for me let me tell you! :)

The smallest size of the Ice Cream Dress pattern is size 6-12 months so that what size this dress is. My daughter is 3 1/2 months so this is more like a gown on her right now. But she is growing fast and will be fitting this dress in no time.

I didn't fuss about matching up the tiger parts between the various prints. Maybe I should have but I wanted to have fabric left over for quilts (which I do - yay!) I think it's still okay the way it is though.

Is this cute or what!? She's got a tooth coming in so is busy chewing on her hands.

The background quilt is one I made for my older daughter when she was in her toddler bed. She was quite annoyed that we were using it for our little photo shoot. Hopefully she will soon be appeased as I am starting an Ice Cream Dress for her (size 6) made out of Aneela Hoey fabrics. I hope to have it finished in the next day or two. Maybe I'll be up sewing into the wee hours again tonight.