Three quilt tops, Mule Deer, Bison and A Rock Climbing Wall

I had a very productive weekend. I wanted to write this post on Sunday evening but I was too tired. Yesterday I was busy with volunteer activities so here I am on Tuesday. I got three quilt tops finished this past weekend! One of them was my Christmas "Penny Candy" quilt that I've had on my WIP list FOREVER! It's finally all pieced! Now I'm casting about for backing. I'll probably buy some flannel. I haven't taken photos with my "good" camera yet but you can see it on Instagram here.
Charm Dash Quilt designed by Ms. Midge Pieced by Anita LaHay. Fabrics are Ruby with a bit of April Showers by Bonnie & Camille for Moda. I have ordered some Miss Kate from Country Clothesline for borders, backing and binding.

I also got the top for my Charm Dash quilt pieced together for the upcoming quilt along on Ms. Midge's Blog. That's coming up in March so stay tuned to see my finished quilt on the blog hop.

I also pieced a "Piece of Cake 2" quilt for my Aunt who returned home from the hospital after a double mastectomy last week. Cancer sucks! I hope this quilt will bring some comfort. Again, no "good camera" photos yet but it is on Instagram here.

A rainbow hexagon quilt I made for the February Birthday girl in the #canuckbdayclub. She received it today so I can show it now. I hand sewed the hexagons together. Each side is one inch. Then I machine stitched it to the Kona black background. I cut away the black behind the hexagons from the back to reduce bulk and then quilted it.
This quilt was number 7 on my Q1 Goal Setting Post and I am linking it up with The 2015 Finish Along.


2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

I took a break from quilting on Saturday afternoon because the kids each had $5.00 from the aforementioned Aunt and they wanted to spend it on climbing the rock wall at the local fitness facility. I was so proud of them. They chose physical activity instead of candy!
My kids on the rock wall. (The baby was sleeping in her car seat carrier throughout.) I took this photo from the second floor of the fitness complex.

My son heading for the overhang which he did climb to the very top.

My daughter got scared at this point so her belayer brought her down.

My son grabbing for the rope to attach it to a a hook on the wall.

On our way back home we saw some cute little Mule Deer on the side of the road and then took a drive by the Buffalo paddock and got a good look at the "Big Daddy" buffalo and a smaller (but still big!) buffalo. It was a pretty great Saturday afternoon.

Mule Deer. Aww, look at the ears!

There were six of them.

Buffalo (Great Plains Bison).

Some of the herd.

Big Daddy buffalo on the move.