Q3 2015 Finish Along Goals List

It's time to link up our goals for the third quarter of the year with the 2015 Finish Along. (If you are looking for my Yuma QAL Post please scroll down to the next post.)


2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

I had four finishes from my Q2 list and the rest are rolling over to Q3 as I still try to:




1. My 2011 Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery Block of the Month. I now have the top pieced together which you can see here. The quilt is basted and I just need to quilt and bind it now.

2. My Penny Candy Christmas quilt is basted and ready to be quilted and bound. The Chicopee quilt was finished in Q2.

3. I have made no further progess Christmas tree skirt from Sherri Falls' book "Holly Jolly" so this needs to be pieced, quilted and bound.

4. A cherry and strawberry low volume baby quilt. Probably for my Etsy shop. These pieces are still sitting too.

5. My table runner made with scraps from the napkins and place mats I made a few years ago. No progress here either in Q2. It would be nice for summer though so I must try for a Q3 finish.

6. My Halloween quilt using the "Lucky" pattern by Thimble Blossoms. No further progress was made on this one in Q2. I want this for Halloween this year so I hope over the summer I can get it done.

7. My April Showers "Charm Dash" quilt. No progress in Q2 so it's moving into Q3.

8. A dinosaur baby quilt for my Etsy shop. No progress and since the dino quilt currently in my shop has not sold this is not high on the list of priorities but it could happen. I cut more squares for it in Q2.

9. A bugs baby quilt for my Etsy shop. This is in the same boat as the one above. The current bug quilt in my shop has not sold.

10. My Starflower quilt made with blocks from "We Bee With It" bee. The top is now pieced and I am waffling about adding more blocks.

11. My Houndstooth quilt made with blocks from "The Bee Hive, Bee Hive Swarm Anita". The top is pieced but I want to make it bigger so I need to sew more blocks.

12. 2012 Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery Block of the Month. I have four more blocks to go and I am using the scraps from this quilt for my Snapshots quilt (which may be done in Q4). I sewed two more blocks on this in Q2 so I'm getting there.

13. My Great Granny Squared (by Lori Holt) quilt. Still haven't started this one.

14. My Swoon quilt. No progress here either. Does thinking about cutting it several times in the last three months count? ;)

15. My Cotton Blossoms table topper from Camille Roskelley's first book. No progress in Q2 so it's going into Q3.

16. Peter Rabbit baby quilt. No progress on this on in Q2 so it's rolling over as well.

17. Joy Christmas wall hanging designed by Gnome Angel.

18. My Cotton + Steel Scout quilt. All strips are cut. Just need to sew!

The list is down to 18 from 22. I also wrote a quilt pattern in Q2 and sewed two sample quilts for that but they don't count because they weren't on my goals list. I have plans for another pattern too but I'll leave it off the list.

My maternity leave is up and I'm not returning to work outside the house so I'm really like Mrs. Bobbins in the below photo now! :)

Yes, I am the one with the cup.