Home Made Stuffed Animal Toys

This week I was hard at work making stuffed toys for my children and their friends.

These two adorable creatures were made for my daughter's friends who are twins and were turning 5. The elephant was a pattern by Retro Mama. You can see more about this one in this post.
The monkey is from a pattern by Indygo Junction called "Yo-Yo Monkey" (#IJ862) that came out in 2009 and I am just now getting around to sewing it. There is also a yo-yo monkey in the pattern packet but I didn't have that kind of time. I used fabric with sock monkeys on it to make the monkey. So cute! He has plastic pellets in his hands, feet and bottom to give him some weight.
Here is a closer shot where you can see the sock monkey fabric better. This fabric was by Moda and came out a couple of years ago I think. I also embroidered his face.
Yesterday I finished two more elephants. I posed them like this for Valentine's Day. The blue/grey one is for my son who has been waiting eight months for it. I used scraps from a yoga bag I sewed a couple of years ago to make it. The fabric on the ear is an Amy Butler fabric. I'm not sure about the body. The other elephant is identical to the first one I made and is again a birthday gift for a little girl who is turning 4. My daughter has received a lot of birthday party invitations lately. This post adds some major cuteness to my blog don't you think? Until next time, happy sewing!