Papercrafted Teacher Gift

Today is chilly and rainy here. A great day to stay in, bake bread and make a craft! This is what I made for my son's Grade 2 teacher. A notebook for her to take to meetings, professional development courses, etc. There was a break in the rain so I ran out to snap some photos to show you.


My son tells me she likes to garden in her spare time so I thought this paper would be good for the cover. It has garden gnomes so I hope she likes it. The little band down the side with the tree and the birds is from a border pack. (These are scrapbooking paper by Martha Stewart from a couple of years ago.) I decided to fore go ribbons and buttons as they make it harder to shove the book in a bag when you're dashing off to a meeting. I personalised it with her name which I stamped on the cover.


Here is the back cover with another cute paper from the same Martha Stewart paper pack. I used my crop-a-dile to punch the holes in the side and then cut small slits so I could get the paper around the coil binding. I used normal craft glue (UHU glue stick) to glue it down.


I made a library pocket for the inside of the back cover with the other side of the paper from the outside of the back cover. The other papers in the back cover are Stampin' Up as are the stamps. I stamped a library card to go in the pocket but she can use the pocket for her own notes and things.


This is the inside of the front cover again with Stampin' Up papers and I used my tab punch to make all the little tabs. I had some stickers that went with the papers to put on the tabs down the side and I stamped the tab on the pocket on the lower right. I used glue dots on the tabs and pocket to make sure they stay stuck.


Here is the book when you turn the first page. (It was rotated on my computer... I don't know why it's the wrong way here but we'll just go with it.) There is another pocket on this side. So I hope she will like it and that it will be a useful item for her. This notebook is made from waste sugar cane fibres so it is environmentally friendly. The cover was extremely ugly so I think I have improved it somewhat. ;)

Thanks for checking out this post. If you would like to enter my giveaway of "Simply Retro" by Camille Roskelley please click over to that post and leave a comment. My giveaway is open until Thursday.