Loads of Cutting on WIP Wednesday

It's WIP Wednesday and I've got myself organized and ready to work. Here is what I am working on today.

I have selected my fabrics for the "Retro" quilt in the Simply Retro Quilt Along. Sometimes picking the fabrics is half the battle. I am sewing mine all red and white with one blue square in a crib size (because that is what I have on hand). If you would like more information about this quilt along there is a button on my button bar you can click. There are some great prizes in this quilt along.

I am going to cut into the beautiful stack of fat quarters to sew a king sized bed runner for my best friend before I move away from her. These are her colours and although these are Christmas fabrics they are subtle so she can use the bed runner year-round. I am using a "Cotton Way" pattern which calls for charm squares. I only have fat quarters though so I am just going to pick and choose from these and cut charm squares. My friend had wanted a king size quilt and although she is a wonderful friend, I don't know if I will ever sew a king sized quilt. A bed runner, however, is do-able.

I have my cutting finished for the Christa Quilts "String of Pearls" quilt along so I hope to get sewing on this today. I certainly have my work "cut out for me" don't I?

I am linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.