Swell Blocks for the Simply Retro QAL

Just a short post tonight. I am linking up with the Simply Retro Quilt-a-Long. The Week 1 quilt is "Swell" which is the first quilt in Camille Roskelley's new book. I wrote on someone's blog this week that I dared not join anymore "anything-a-longs" and even though I had seen this Quilt-a-long on the blogs I was resisting joining in. But yesterday Camille posted a link to it on Facebook and I couldn't resist any longer. I became compelled to join in after reading the posts on Jana Machado's blog. It's a sickness with me really. (My husband thinks I've lost it.) You understand... don't you?

There's still time to join in the fun if you want to. The deadline for week one has been extended to July 8th and even if you only have 1 block done you can link up. There's a button on my button bar you can click as well. ---- >

I started this quilt today and this is what I have done so far:

Four blocks. I am using a Moda scrap bag of Ruby plus a bit of yardage of one of the Bliss fabrics. (Both lines are by Bonnie & Camille for Moda.) The scrap bag does not have quite as much fabric as a jelly roll so my quilt may not be as big as the one in the book. I'm just going to keep putting blocks together and see how big it gets. Hopefully it will be lap quilt sized. I took this photo in some of the last of the evening light. The sun stays up past 10:00 p.m. around here this time of year.
While I was out shooting my blocks I saw this little moth on our patio umbrella. What a pretty colour. I wonder if he chose to rest on the umbrella because he felt he would be camouflaged there. He's a bit raggy looking on one wing. I hope he didn't encounter a bird. I am not a fan of moths in my house but out here on the umbrella he was interesting to look at.

Maybe after reading this you will join me in my quilt-a-long disease and we can have this sickness together. ;)