Baby Girl Quilt Finished and Good News

This has been a more productive week for me. I started getting up at 6:00 a.m. instead of my usual 7:00 - 7:30 so that I could work on this baby quilt for my Etsy shop. I am finding it very difficult to get sewing done in the evenings these days because of all the kids' things that need to happen in the evenings and also I am feeling too exhausted by the time they are in bed.

 So here is a lovely feminine baby girl quilt. The backing has little girls and women dancing ballet on it. Almost makes me want to have another baby girl... but not quite! (I don't think I would survive the toddler years again!)
 I put in a little graphic detail by running two intersecting rows of Moda candy bars among the charm squares. The fabrics are "Serenity" and "Oasis" by 3 Sisters for Moda.
 I am thrilled to finally have something finished and listed in my Etsy shop. It feels like it's been quite I while since I have had a new listing. This quilt is listed for sale here.
 In making this quilt I tried out this fantastic binding tool that I won in the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway day. It really works and I am so pleased with it! I always fold my bindings at the ends as I have too much trouble getting them the right length when I try to sew them together but this tool eliminates that problem. I won it from Andrea at The Champ Life. Thank you so much Andrea!
And I won another giveaway which came in this week. All the way from the U.K.! I am so excited to have won these U.K. quilting magazine from Kerry at Penny Dog Patchwork. You see those projects on the covers? Those are hers! She was not only published but she got the covers! Congratulations again Kerry!

Which brings me to my good news. I am going to have a quilt and article published in a quilting magazine too! I am beyond thrilled. I will tell you all about it when the magazine comes out and I will do a giveaway like Kerry did of a copy of the magazine. It should be out in March.

On a personal note we went to a hockey tournament in a little village called Marwayne last weekend. (There is an excellent little fudge shop there! Yum!) My son's team won two out of their three games. Here is my little hockey star #12:


Thanks for visiting my blog today and hearing my exciting news! :)