What I've Been Up To This Week

Today I sewed this Princess play dress for my daughter. It's a "Simplicity" costume pattern. She chose the fabrics and they were a bit difficult to work with. I am glad it's finished as I have been promising to sew it for a year. I sewed a size 5 and it's a bit big but she'll get more playtime out of it. I asked her if I should hem it up but she said no. She likes it draping onto the floor. :)
(All the photos in today's post are on Instagram so if you follow me there or on Facebook you've probably already seen them.)

 I put out my yo-you Easter egg today. I made this a couple of years ago out of leftover yo-yo's from two others I made for my Mom and my Grandma. The bunny in the snow globe is appropriate following our recent "spring" weather. I thought the Easter Bunny might have to call out Santa and the reindeer but the snow has all melted again.
 These beauties came in the mail this week from Mad About Patchwork. I ordered them on their anniversary sale. Four are Flea Market Fancy (I thought I better buy some before they were impossible to find.) And the citron is a Joel Dewberry from the Nottinghill line.
 I finally finished this pillow case that I started embroidering last spring. Now I need to do the other one. (I haven't washed or ironed it yet as you can see.)
 This is half of the first row of my "Design Your Own Sampler" quilt for the Sew Mama Sew Spring Sew Along. I finally decided what to do with my Comma Moda candy and four half yards I had! :)
Closer shot of my little sketch. I am feeling a bit ambitious and may actually sew up a Swoon block (which would be my first) for the 12 inch spot in the beginning of the second row.

I also bought a Baby Sleeping Bag pattern from Straight Grain so I can start sewing those up for the impending new arrival to our family. I went for my ultrasound on Thursday and we have been told 17.5 months (so about 18 months along now). I want a couple Straight Grain's dress patterns as well. We are pretty sure this baby is a girl but I am waiting until the next ultrasound to start sewing with pink. :)

Camille Roskelley posted a great link on her blog for a YouTube tutorial by Missouri Star Quilt Co. and I will absolutely be sewing some of these darling receiving blankets up as soon as I can get my hands on some cute flannels.

As usual, there are a million more things I want to sew but I think I did pretty well this week. This was on top of working full time at the fire hall and taking my kids to music lessons, piano practices etc. (Still working on the laundry!) Happy Easter and happy long weekend sewing to all of you!