An Ice Cream Dress for the 6 year old

I have been meaning to sew this dress for months and I finally got it done in the quieter days between Christmas and New Year's. My six-year-old daughter was so excited when it was done. It only took a few hours but it kept getting put off for gifts for other people. When she finally had her finished "Ice Cream Dress" she was so happy she was skipping and leaping around the house. I wasn't expecting that big of a reaction and it was so touching. She even kissed me on the cheek! I immediately got to work on sewing two "Lazy Days" skirts with the fabric I had left. Both Patterns are by Oliver + S. Now she has a cute new wardrobe to start back at school tomorrow.

My very happy daughter in her new dress. Fabrics are designed by Aneela Hoey and are from the "Hello Petal" and "Posy" lines for Moda.

Here are her new dress and skirts in her closet next to her older "Briar Rose" skirts.

"Lazy Days" skirt in navy "Hello Petal" fabric. The skirts are so easy! And the pattern is a freebie on the Oliver + S site. These take me about 20 minutes to make.

"Lazy Days" skirt in pink "Hello Petal" fabric.
I think I have redeemed myself for not having the dress finished in time for Christmas. :) I look forward to seeing what she chooses to wear in the morning.

I am linking up with "Think Pink Sunday" at Flamingo Toes. There's a button to the right in my button bar.