Tokyo Star Flowers PDF Quilt Pattern Release

Hello! It is always a happy day for me when I get to announce that I have a new quilt pattern to release. I, at last, had a chance to knuckle down and finish my Tokyo Star Flower quilt and the weather cooperated for quilt photos. You can find my new pattern on:  

 Craftsy and Etsy


I made the quilt top entirely out of Cotton + Steel Tokyo Train Ride and Basics fabrics. I designed this quilt specifically to use fabrics from my stash and I'm guessing that if you are like me you probably have these same items on hand in your stash too. This is a layer cake and/or charm square friendly pattern. You need 25 10" squares (or the equivalent in charms), 2 yards of background, and a half yard each of pink, border and binding.

Tokyo Star Flowers quilt designed, pieced and quilted by Anita LaHay of Daydreams of Quilts.

The weather has been fantastic the past few days. This photo was taken at about 8:00 in the evening.

A close up of my quilting. I quilted a flower motif in the centre of the blocks, petal shapes on the petals and meandering double loops on the background plus leaves on the pink diamonds.

The entire quilt top is made of Cotton + Steel "Tokyo Train Ride" and "Basics" fabrics.

The back is made entirely of Cotton + Steel as well and is economically pieced from my stash as you may have read about in my last post.
 The back of the quilt is just as fun to look at as the front! I love that I could use all Cotton + Steel for this quilt. I won't lie... I slept with this quilt the first night. ;)

Tokyo Star Flowers PDF Quilt pattern is now available on Craftsy and Etsy