Pink Hearts Valentine Twin Sized Bed Quilt Finish

Yesterday was a day for getting quilts finished! This was my second finish of the day. I quilted it all in one day which was at times painful on the body but I took breaks and I got it done. :)



This twin bed quilt is available to purchase on my website and on Etsy


I looked at Cluck Cluck Sew's heart quilt tutorial before I started. Allison's is a great way for using up small scraps. I wanted to use up fat quarters so I came up with my own measurements to suit my purposes. She also has another tutorial here. Mine are 9.5" x 10" blocks so slightly different but a similar look.


The weather is a bit gloomy here lately so these photos are not so bright but the hearts really pop!


Here is how the quilt looks on a twin bed.



I got my backing fabric from Studio 39 Fabrics. This is "Petite Henna Garden" and she has it on sale here for $10.00 (Canadian) a metre.


I machine bound the quilt with Bonnie & Camille Strawberries.


The Pink Hearts quilt was free motion quilted on a domestic Juki machine without rulers or templates (so the quilted hearts are not perfectly symmetrical). There are concentric hearts in the hearts in pink thread and all over stippling in the Kona Snow background (also bought from Studio 39 Fabrics) in a matching cream thread.

Thank you for stopping by to see my Valentine quilt today.