Pixel Tree in a Pixel Heart Christmas Quilt or Quilt for Environmentalist

A week has flown by already since I finished this quilt and I haven't had a chance to blog it until now! This is the Pixel Tree in a Pixel Heart Quilt which I designed as a Christmas quilt pattern but this would also be a great quilt for a tree lover or environmentalist.

This quilt is made of all Lizzy House fabrics with a bit of Kona mixed in.

This pattern is available at Daydreams of Quilts, Etsy and Craftsy.


Pixel Tree in a Pixel Heart quilt designed, pieced and quilted by Anita LaHay of Daydreams of Quilts.
 It was a very foggy morning last Friday (it was foggy three days in a row!) so my cheery Christmas quilt has a bit of a spooky Halloween feeling but I like the foggy backdrop so I went with these photos instead of shooting them again. I had tried to photograph it the night before and disaster struck when the kids were helping me and my daughter accidentally stepped on the quilt with a muddy shoe! I had to quickly scrub and wash the quilt so these pictures are after washing. The batting is 100% bamboo and this quilt is so soft and snuggly after it's been through the wash. (Thankfully the mud came out!)


I asked my husband to let the corner drop down to show that it is backed with Lizzy House as well. The backing is mini pearl bracelets and the binding is a green from "The Lovely Hunt" line. The background fabrics on the front are from the "Whisper Palette" and "Asterisk"lines.



The tree is several different lines of Lizzy House. There is "Asterisk", "The Lovely Hunt", "Butterflies" and "Natural History". I quilted ornaments into the tree with 28 weight Aurifil thread in green. I quilted wood grain into the tree trunk with 28 weight Aurifil thread in a matching brown. The heart is stippled with 28 weight Aurifil thread in red. The heart fabrics are from "Natural History", "Butterflies", "Asterisk" and Kona solids.


I quilted the background with what I'm calling balls on strings - vertical lines interrupted by circles.


I quilted loopy springs in the border. I left the HSTs unquilted but may go back in later on in my lifetime and quilt them when I have some idea of what to do with them.

Thanks for checking out my Pixel Tree in a Pixel Heart Quilt today!